Social Media Marketing Coach Ed Sykes Shares Social Marketing Secrets at Toastmasters Conference
Social media marketing and presentation skills was the combination of the day! On Saturday, I had the pleasure of speaking at the 2015 District 66 Toastmasters Fall Conference in Portsmouth, VA.
They were a fun and enthusiast crowd wanting to network, learn, and be successful by improving their skills. My presentation was “5 Secrets of Using Social Media Marketing to Achieve Success in Your Life.” In my presentation was a case study of how I coached one of my students, Carter Kostler, to be successful on Shark Tank and beyond using a combination of presentation skills and social media marketing techniques.
The following is the video of Carter Kostler’s performance on Shark Tank:
Some of the social media marketing tips I shared during my presentation was the following:
- Start with your end result (Set concrete goals on what you want to accomplish)
- Focus on the few and build up to the many (Start with one or two steps)
- Do it! (Take action)
- It is better to have a good program, product, or service and be in the marketplace than have the perfect solution on sitting on your shelve
- Learn and develop your social media marketing strategy and stick to it
- People will come out the woodwork to help you once you implement your social media marketing strategy (If you don’t start, no one knows what to help you with concerning your venture)
- Not all marketing is online (Develop your offline presentation and networking skills)
- If you are not the expert or don’t enjoy doing the task…outsource it to someone else
- Keep it moving forward! (Don’t let barriers get in the way of your success)
- Build it (your product or service), market it, and your customers will come!
- Video marketing is the key to connecting with your customers
- Do it all over again…better!
For more information on how you can use social media marketing and/or presentation skills to launch your business or product, contact us at 757-427-7032 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!