Five Secrets to Increasing Your Blog Subscribers
Increasing your blog traffic should be every blogger’s concern. Without traffic or eyeballs viewing your blog, nothing happens: no sales, no newsletter signups, etc. While social media is an important part of your marketing mix, having a list of subscribers you can send emails to is also important in terms of gaining customers.
The following are five secrets to increasing the number of subscribers to your blog’s mailing list:
- Develop Great Content – Running a successful blog is like a hit television show. Hit television shows have compelling content (drama and comedy), cliff hangers, engaging characters, and you know the date and time the show comes on. Well, your successful blog should have compelling content that can include cliff hangers (part one, part two), and you should consistently post at the same times and on the same days. You keep your blog readers coming back by posting fresh and interesting content. Include a variety of content such as text, videos, podcasts, pictures, etc.
- Make It Easy to Subscribe – Make sure your subscription link or opt-in box is positioned in ahighly visible location on every page in your blog. The top of the page is a great place for your subscription icon. You may also want to put a subscription link or opt-in box at the end of your blog posts.
- Ask Readers to Subscribe – Let your blog readers know what you want them to do. You want them to subscribe. Create your “call-to-action” and be clear what you want them to do. Ask that they join your mailing list so they can receive valuable information.
- Offer a Freebie to Subscribers – You can increase the number of subscribers to your blog by offering your potential subscribers something extra, such as a free gift or additional information that could be helpful to them. You can offer, for example, a free eBook, free report, or free newsletter that relates to your blog audience’s need. People love free and they especially love something that is free and addresses their needs.
- Promote Your Blog’s Subscriber Opportunities – Use a variety of ways to increase your subscribers. Some of the ways to promote your subscriber list is in your email signature, and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also list your blog’s subscription link with various blog directories. I’m sure you can also find other methods. I’ll leave it up to your imagination.
Invest the time every day to build your blog’s subscriber list. Apply the five blog subscriber building techniques and you will soon have a monster subscriber list.