Seven Blog Post Types that Drive Blog Traffic to Your Business!
Your business blog lives or dies by the type of content you provide for your readers. Your readers must see value in your blog posts and want to act on this content.
Having a variety of content in your blog posts is one way to attract and keep your blog readers. The following are seven types of blog posts that will attract, keep, engage, and convert your readers into customers:
- Cheat Sheets, Checklists and To-do Lists – You will develop a loyal blog readership by sharing concise, easy-to-follow, money- saving shortcuts for them to implement in their businesses. They are looking to you, as the authority, to help take them to another level. This type of blog post will do that for you.
- How-To’s and Tutorials – Develop blog posts that allow you to show off your talents while allowing your readers to acquire a new skill. Survey your readers and ask them about their biggest challenge and develop a how-to post. You can also develop a tutorial on that subject, or a multi-part series of tutorials and make several blog posts from them. This way the reader wants to come back to your blog to learn more.
- Resource Lists – When I present at conferences, one of the biggest takeaways for the audience members are resource lists. The same holds true for your blog. You, as the authority, have given your blessing to valuable resources when you share a resource list in your blog posts. This allows your readers to save time and money and use only the resources that will truly help them. You can also post of the resource list and provide a link to the full list.
- Infographics – The 21st century reader is graphical in nature. What I mean by that is if you can express your information through a powerful graphic that walks them through your points, your readers will appreciate it. They are also far more likely to spread the word about your business blog and share your infographics with others on their social media sites.
- Podcasts – You can create a series of podcast posts in which you are offering an audio version of the text in the posts. Your readers like to receive your information through a variety of ways. Also, your readers will stay on your blog far longer if you include a podcast in your post. As I always say, “The longer your readers stay, the more likely they are to take action.” You can learn how to create podcasts at About.com or Smart Passive Income. Keep them on your blog with informative, entertaining podcasts!
- Interviews – Post expert interviews on your blog. In some ways, this is easier to do than the other blog post type. There are experts who want to gain exposure and are just waiting for you to contact them about being interviewed about their subject matter. Several times a month I am contacted by subject matter experts or their agents about the possibility of me interviewing the expert and posting it on my blog. This is a great opportunity to brand yourself as an authority in the field, gain additional revenue opportunities by selling the expert’s products and/or services, and giving your blog followers great information to enhance their lives.
- Videos – Video blog posts have many of the same benefits of podcasts and much, much more! Videos enhance your blog posts by engaging your reader’s visual and audio senses. Your blog readers are able to take in the information at their own pace. You are able to connect with the blog reader in ways that no other blog type can connect by creating entertaining, informative, and compelling videos. You can also share other expert’s videos on your blog so you have a constant flow of blog content for your readers. To me, video blog posts are the best type of posts to increase blog traffic and convert readers into customers.
Are these all of the possible types of blog posts you can add to your blog? Of course not! I am sure you can think of some additional types of blog posts you can use to grow your blog followers. The point is, take the time to add variety to your blog so you will have no shortage of valuable content for your followers. Your blog followers will appreciate it by reading, sharing, and acting on the content so you will not only enhance their lives but grow your business.