Blog Tips: Seven Secrets to Creating Blog Content in Less Than Ten Minutes
When writing for my blog, I sometimes have ideas streaming in my mind one after the other. Other times, I can be stuck for hours trying to think of ideas for a great blog post or article. It can be frustrating at times, especially when you are trying to meet a publishing deadline.
Well, take a deep breath. Help is on the way! I discovered a system to develop blog content in a matter of minutes. In many examples, you don’t need to “reinvent the wheel,” just improve the wheel (or content) that you have already. The following are seven secrets you can use to create informative, entertaining blog content in less than ten minutes:
- Recycle an Old Post – Take a post you have already written and posted in the past and update it for current times. For example, in 2012 I wrote an article about the Facebook fan page. Well, as you know, there have been many changes to the Facebook fan page since then. I could take that same article and write about comparing the updates to Facebook without completely writing a new article. You can apply this technique to almost any post from the past.
- Create a Short Podcast – Pick up your microphone and create a short podcast and post it on your blog. Your podcast could be sharing a motivational quote, answering a burning question with your readers, or a teachable moment. Take fifteen to thirty seconds to answer a question and now you have blog content that is sharable across the internet.
- Create a Photo Album – Depending on what you want to communicate, you can take pictures and create a collage as your blog post. You can show a new product at different stages. You can share pictures of workplace activities or employees. You can use stock images from sites like www.istockphoto.com,www.freeimages.com, or www.sxc.hu to gather pictures to convey your message. The opportunities to use this are unlimited
- Use a quote – It seems like almost everyone enjoys inspirational quotes. They go viral on social media sites because people love them and they love to share them. Choose a quote that has meaning for you and your blog audience. You can then create a meme or graphic with the quote included, or you can create a video or podcast with you discussing the quote and how your blog audience can apply the quote to their lives. To increase audience engagement, you can ask your readers how they applied the quote in their lives.
- Share Another Expert’s Content – Go to your favorite sites, and with the author’s permission, post their content on your blog. These experts are looking for the same thing you are looking for: more exposure. By posting their content on your blog with the expert’s contact information, they have gained a whole new audience and your readers have gained a different perspective to the topic area.
- Create Links – Save your readers’ time and money by creating a list of links they can use. For example, if your blog is about dogs, you could create a post that includes a list of links for favorite dog parks in the area. Or, after analyzing the traffic of your previous blog posts, you can provide links to your top ten posts.
- Use Video to Answer Questions – Much like the podcast, you can quickly create a video and answer questions posted by your readers. You don’t need expensive equipment to produce good quality video. You can use your webcam or digital camera, or even your smartphone or iPhone to quickly record, edit, and produce your video. Pop the video’s embed code into a blog post, add a quick intro paragraph and you’ve got a new blog post for just a few minutes of work! Video is one of the best ways to increase your blog traffic while keeping your audience engaged in your content.
I hope these blog post secrets will jump start you into producing more interesting, engaging, and informative content for your readers. The more your blog reader likes your blog, the more they will come back and share your great content with others and help grow your blog traffic. So, start today and apply these techniques, and you will enjoy a successful blog for years to come.